1st & 2nd Line Support Technician - Middlewich - £25k
My client, based in Middlewich are looking to recruit a 1st & 2nd Line IT Support Technician, to be responsible for providing a high quality service to my clients customers on a varied range of hardware, software, server networking & infrastructure based issues both remotely & on customer sites.
As there is an element of travel involved with this role, a full UK driving licence & your own vehicle is essential.
- Providing 1st, and 2nd line technical support queries professionally and efficiently, maintaining a high degree of customer service
- Taking ownership of user problems, performing technical diagnosis and fixing issues either remotely or on-site
- Documenting calls on the call logging system
- Following standard help desk procedures & processes
- Project Manage Small to Medium level implementation
Key Skills and Knowledge
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organised with strong planning and prioritising skills
- Ability to follow policies and procedures paying attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems (Server 2008 R2 / 2012 and desktop) and Microsoft applications
- Proficiency in administering & supporting Exchange 2013
- Experience in Active Directory (AD) and user account changes
- Familiarity with LAN, WAN & VPN technologies
- Knowledge of SQL Server & IIS Server
- Experience of Backups and anti-virus technologies
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and general networking
- Knowledge of VMware
- Driving Licence
This is an excellent opportunity, offering any candidate the opportunity to work in a highly technical environment, using the latest technologies where you can bounce ideas off the other technicians in the team. The package can be anything up to £25k depending on experience, but this is definitely an opportunity not to be missed, so please send me your CV now!