1st Line Helpdesk Support Analyst - Harrogate - £20k
My market leading client are looking to recruit a are looking to recruit a 1st Line IT Support Engineer to support their internal users where you will be responsible for supporting a diverse range of technology covering Windows XP, Vista, 7, Windows Server 2003, Active Directory, Desktop & Helpdesk Support, VNC etc.
Duties will include,
- Logging calls on the IT Service Deskand maintaining details of software / hardware problems detected.
- Providing 1st line technical support; answering support queries either directly or via phone or e-mail.
- Escalating with external support when necessary.
- Supporting users in the use of computer equipment by providing necessary advice and/or training.
- Maintain & update internal documentation and database systems in a timely manner.
- Travelling to other sites, so a full UK driving licence is required.
Suitable candidates should have/be: -
- The ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
- The ability to ask clear and precise questions of the customer to ascertain the exact details of the problem.
- A strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows XP,Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008.
- Experience with using and troubleshooting Microsoft Office.
- Basic understanding of PC hardware set-upand configuration.
- The ability to work as part of a team and on their own initiative.
- Positive & Flexible attitude.
- Knowledge of Active Directory & Microsoft Exchange will be considered an advantage.
This is an excellent opportunity, offering any candidate the opportunity to work in a highly technical environment, using the latest technologies where you can bounce ideas off the other technicians in the team. The salary can be anything up to £20k depending on experience, but this is definitely an opportunity not to be missed, so please send me your CV now!