GREYWOOD are delighted to be working with a growing firm based in Portsmouth who currently have 180 people employed globally, with the bulk of those in their Portsmouth HQ. This company have a brand new vacancy for an ambitious and accomplished 2nd Line Support Engineer to join their small but busy team to work on a number of interesting and challenging IT support projects. The company are currently investing heavily in new technology, new equipment, training and R&D and you will get the chance to be part of all of this if successful in joining their team.
- Supporting all company networks, server & storage infrastructure
- ensuring system up-time and IT Helpdesk performance
- Systems implementation - networks, security, databases (SQL, Oracle etc) and data extraction from new and existing production equipment
- assisting with 3rd party suppliers
- assisting with design, cost and justification for infrastructure upgrades etc
- assisting with key infrastructure projects
- supporting a 1st line support technician when tickets require escalation
This firm are looking for somebody with HND or equivalent in computing, experience of cloud based technologies, Microsoft Office, Windows/Microsoft servers, virtualisation and AD management. Excellent communication skills and people management (in terms of expectation management!!) is crucial.
This is a family owned organisation who recognise the need for a solid work/life balance so a great opportunity for people to join a company where the work is busy and varied and you get plenty of time to relax and to a well-earned break at the encouragement of the people there!
Working hours are 39 per week, 8.00 am - 4.30 pm (3.30 pm Friday) 30 minute lunch break.