3rd Line Support & Cloud Infrastructure - £40k
Stockport based tech firm are actively looking for a 3rd Line Support & Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, someone who is looking for a fast-paced, service-driven environment where you enjoy solving a range of technical problems on a daily basis.
Your main roles and responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for urgent Support tickets and site visits in the NW region relating to these.
- Delivering support and technical expertise to end users face to face, over the telephone and via remote support software.
- Work to agreed SLAs and KPIs.
- Assist and support 1st/2nd line Support Engineers with workload as necessary.
- Planning and implementation of internal and customer projects.
- Lead the team to deliver the IT solution to the agreed cost, time and quality measures
- Creation of documentation / method statements / how-to guides
- Ensure adequate risk and issue management in place to ensure the success of the project
- Take ownership of the post go-live support process to ensure teething issues are dealt with
- Take ownership for the successful delivery of all technical activities on the customer site
- Ensure post-project reviews take place to improve the overall delivery capability of the Support team
- A full UK driving license
- Office 365, SharePoint, EMS+S
- Experience of Microsoft Azure would be an advantage
- Windows Server 2012 and 2016
- Configuration, Installation and query of SQL
- Strong system, software and hardware diagnostics, fault finding and problem solving ability.
- Server Virtualisation using Hyper-V or VMware
- Experience of server implementations, device imaging and deployment
- Networking - VPNs, VLANs, LAN/WAN, DNS, DHCP, Fundamentals (e.g. TCP, IP)
- Firewall and WAN technologies.
- Security focused whilst being aware of vulnerabilities and threats apparent.
- Excellent communication skills via face to face, telephone and email.
- Ability to work to within tight time scales and deadlines within a team and on your own initiative.
- Have the ability to converse with non-technical people without technical jargon and able to build and maintain good relationships with clients, colleagues and suppliers.
Our ideal candidate will also be capable of managing and prioritising their own workload and will possess strong organisational skills. Experience of a fast paced support environment, ideally with a Managed Service Provider.
MCSA and MCSE qualifications would be an advantage