Based in York with occasional UK travel or overnight stays, we are hiring for a Data Analytics Lead for a prestigious UK organisation to carry out a 12 month maternity cover FTC.
Your role will be critical in delivering timely and accurate reporting and data to the whole organisation. Automation is the key to success and this role will lead on the technical reporting solutions and provision of automated reports to the business. You will lead on the technical and architectural elements of data warehouse and associated reporting services.
The perfect person for this role will have experience leading on the delivery of reporting services across a data warehouse, ensuring reports are fit for purpose, consistent and aligned with gathered business requirements. Your responsibilities will also include identifying any new systems/tools that may be required and act as product owner in the development of those systems, ensuring efficient and appropriate use of tools to extract and transform information from raw data as well as working with teams across the organisation to investigation opportunities for new uses of data.
Creating appropriate data validation routines to ensure integrity of data sets and ensuring data systems and data sets are documented accurately and appropriately.
Key challenges faced in the role currently are modelling complex programme structures and KPIs within automated reporting solutions, working to ambitious timelines and with a number of competing priorities and managing the expectations of stakeholders, often working with constraints set by others.
You will have a proven background in leading the design and day to day operation of data analytics and reporting systems and a solid history of presenting reliable information through the manipulation and transformation of source data. To excel in this role your skills and experience will include:
- 4+ years in a data analytics role where you will have developed improved data warehouse and automated reporting solutions
- substantial hands-on experience with a number of data manipulation, dimensional modelling, extraction and transformation tools and techniques including Azure Data factory, SSIS, Azure Analysis services
- substantial hands-on experience with a variety of data storage technologies from flat files and Excel workbooks to data warehouses, analysis cubes and real time data streams
- substantial hand-on experience specifying and delivering user facing visualisations in PowerBI
- exceptional SQL skills are essential and a working knowledge of MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL and Azure SQL database administration would be desirable
- proven track record of specifying and designing successful data storage systems, data models and reporting and user interfaces
If you are interested in being considered for this fantastic career opportunity - get in touch and we'll be happy to discuss further.