A market leading tech firm based in Oxford are hiring for their busy Devops team based in the city centre. You will be passionate about robust testing and deployment processes and should be someone who is able to work with developer specifications.
Ideally you will have a minimum of 1-2 years of experience in a DevOps role or 2-3 years in a Linux-focused Systems Admin role. A strong academic background is also preferred, with a degree in computing, science, mathematics or similar, or equivalent industry experience.
- Maintain, expand and improve existing CI, testing and deployment of web applications and services
- Active participation in projects requiring server infrastructure
- Ensuring the highest possible availability of live systems under your remit, including willingness to work out-of-hours in urgent circumstances
- Excellent linux server administration including most of:
- Strong ability in scripting (Bash/Perl/Python/PHP desirable)
- Good understanding of network protocols (including SSL), firewalls and routing
- Experience with nginx, php-fpm, mysql/mariadb and java (memcache, redis, beanstalk, elastic also desirable)
- Experience with deploying and configuring PHP and Java applications in multiple running environments
- Experience with virtualisation technologies (such as Xen, VirtualBox, Vagrant)
- Experience with configuration management and remote execution software (such as Salt, Chef, Puppet et al.)
- Experience with cloud technologies and infrastructure (AWS desirable)
- Experience with version control (git and perforce desirable)
The company offers the successful candidate a progressive working environment and for an ambitious, flexible confident, self-motivated team player this is an excellent opportunity to make a real difference to this already high-achieving organisation.
This role is active now, interviews are planned for the week ahead and a prompt turnaround is expected.