PLYMOUTH, Devon - A fantastic opportunity on offer for a Front-end Web Developer to join a fast growing and successful ecommerce firm. You should have a sharp eye for graphic and web design, and will be well versed with design-based online conversion optimisation and user experience techniques, and have excellent CSS/HTML/web design skills. It will be your role to put together responsive designs of many kinds for publications on a transactional e-commerce website and seeing these through the full design process from idea conception, production, testing and delivery.
You will get the opportunity to be part of a highly innovative and creative Digital Content team, working collaboratively with graphic designers, developers, and content creators to produce excellent customer journeys for a global audience.
Key skills required:
- User experience / customer journey evangelist who understands how to engineer web experiences that give users what they want, without making them work to get there
- CSS, HTML and responsive framework experience essential
- Passionate about the latest best practice design & build approaches i.e. mobile first, modular, grid systems etc.
- Knowledge of W3C validation standards for HTML markup and an advocate for semantics and accessibility
- Experience with SASS, cross-browser compatibility & version control
- Knowledge of web best practices for front-end delivery & performance desirable
- Excellent communicator and listener, able to interpret and understand the requirements of marketing teams, trading teams, developers, and other business stakeholders
This is a unique opportunity to work within one of the UK's leading retail / ecommerce companies in a stunning part of the country. The nearby area offers beautiful countryside, coastline and beaches, watersports, Dartmoor & Exmoor national parks, ferries to continental Europe, and the thriving busy city of Plymouth, with excellent shopping, cultural attractions and mainline rail services to London! SEND US YOUR CV NOW!!!