My client are a pioneering leader in the design and supply of digital technology solutions. This firm are growing and require an accomplished Hardware Engineer to join their ranks based in their offices in Bracknell.
To be considered suitable for the role, the main criteria you will need to meet will start with a relevant electronics engineering or related degree or equivalent educational experience. It is expected that the right person will have a minimum of 5 years' experience of design, development, test and documentation in a technical product development environment with exposure to low power embedded 8-bit and 32-bit microcontrollers. Knowledge of low power management design techniques, particularly a background in the design of battery powered portable equipment will be a major part of the role. Any recent working knowledge of CAD design tools - (preferably Altium), schematic capture and PCB layout techniques will also be important.
- Practical working knowledge of RF principles and the principles of tuning RF electronics especially in the sub1GHz (868MHz / 915MHz) and 2.4GHz RF spectrum.
- An understanding of the use RF T&M equipment.
- Knowledge or understanding of scripting and basic programming
- A background of implementing high volume product manufacturing
- Familiar with techniques of soldering and de-soldering 0201 - 0805 SMD components and surface mount ICs
The primary performance criteria for this role is based on:
- Strong team working skills.
- Ability to pick-up and learn a wide range of new skills.
- Self-motivated and committed to continuous professional development.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Ability to present ideas concisely and confidently.
If this sounds like the sort of challenge you've been looking for, apply now for immediate consideration!