Helpdesk Engineer - Wilmslow - £24k
My client have an urgent requirement for a Helpdesk Engineer to work on their busy helpdesk to support their external customers where you will be responsible for supporting a diverse range of technology covering Windows 7, 8 & 10, Windows Server 2008 & 2012, Small Business Server (SBS) 2008 & 2011, Active Directory & Exchange 2010 / 2013, Apple OS X, VNC etc.
Duties will include,
- Support incidents raised to the Helpdesk team (i.e. Windows 7, 8 & 10, Windows Server 2008 & 2012, Small Business Server (SBS) 2008 & 2011, Active Directory & Exchange 2010 / 2013) either by phone, email or at desk side
- Endeavour to provide first time resolution to users as much as possible, taking ownership for each query
- Develop and demonstrate an understanding of customer and business needs
- Help in driving the knowledge management process by creating and maintaining articles
- Assist with ad hoc IT projects as and when required
Ideally they are looking for a Helpdesk Engineer with,
- Hands-on experience of dealing with 1st line & 2nd line support queries
- Knowledge of Windows 7, 8 & 10, Windows Server 2008 & 2012, Small Business Server (SBS) 2008 & 2011, Active Directory & Exchange 2010 / 2013
- Any knowledge of Apple Mac OS X would be an extreme advantage, although this is not essential
- An understanding or some practical experience of supporting Samsung and iPhone users
- Some experience of Case Management systems, gained in a law firm - although this is not essential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a real 'can do' attitude
- The ability to take ownership of an issue and follow through to conclusion
- Some knowledge of ITIL principles
As my client are a Microsoft Gold Partner, anyone with any Microsoft Certifications would also be beneficial to your application, however, they will provide this training to any candidates who currently don't hold these certifications.
They also offer a comprehensive benefits package including Microsoft Training, BUPA Healthcare, a fantastic working environment, as well as your birthday off!
This is an excellent opportunity, offering any candidate the opportunity to work in a highly technical environment, using the latest technologies where you can bounce ideas off the other technicians in the team. The salary can be anything up to £24k depending on experience, but this is definitely an opportunity not to be missed, so please send me your CV now!