Our client are a highly reputable and award winning company based on the outskirts of Colchester where there is parking available. A new opening has arisen in their IT support team for a confident IT Support Engineer to join their team. If you're an experienced Microsoft IT support professional, this is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career in a highly varied position within a growing company. In this challenging role, you'll have the chance to build on your existing skill-set whilst learning new techniques within the business along with us providing you with further training.
As an IT Support Engineer, you will be responsible for providing 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support to the business covering a wide range of technical issues. You will be busy providing a high level of service at all times, you'll install and administer Windows Server, as well as setting up software, network printers and peripherals. You'll seek to resolve all issues in a prompt and efficient manner, escalating any unresolved problems when necessary. Additionally, as your role and skill-set develops, you'll assist with 3rd line support issues.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- At least three years' experience in an IT support role
- Windows 7, 8 & 10
- Office 2003 up to date
- Windows Server 2008 up to date
- Active Directory planning and management
- Utilise Group Policy to deliver efficiencies and a stable platform
- Microsoft scripting to ensure changes to PC infrastructure can be automated
- Exchange Server 2013 to date, integration with Mimecast and managing Exchange version upgrades
- Experience of phone systems and general IP telephony
- A degree or equivalent qualification
As an IT Support Engineer, you must have excellent communication, problem solving and organisational skills, as well as the ability to work effectively under pressure. You'll have solid knowledge of Windows Server, Exchange and Active Directory as well as strong network troubleshooting skills diagnosing and resolving IT issues. If interested in this role, apply now as interviews will be commencing asap!!