As an IT Support Team Leader required for prestigious organisation in Central Manchester, you will be providing hands on 1st, 2nd & 3rd line technical support to approx. 300 users, you will also be providing day to day oversight of the IT Support functions ensure that SLAs are met. Previous experience as in a similar senior technical role is essential as the IT Support Team Leader will have three direct reports and be responsible for overseeing, mentoring and leading junior team members.
Role Responsibilities include:
- Provide a hands on and remote Help Desk service to support staff
- Respond to support requests in a timely and courteous manner, resolving 80% or more incoming support calls at first point of contact
- Support IT projects with the installation of software, hardware and associated peripheral device drivers
- Assist with the maintenance of Microsoft Exchange and domain configuration
- Assist in the production and upkeep of all technical documentation in line with company standards.
- Assist the Application team where necessary
- Managing three direct reports
The Ideal Candidate:
- Worked in a 2nd/3rd line technical role looking to move into IT Management, whilst still remaining hands on and a point of escalation for the support engineers
- Comfortable with MCSA (Server 2012 or 2016) & ITIL Concepts
- Demonstrated experience in Windows Server 2008 - 2016, Windows 10, Office 365, Exchange, Azure, networking and VoIP (preferably Mitel).
- Knowledge of authentication and directory services (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, SAML, Auth0)
- Experience of virtualisation (preferably Hyper-V) and backup infrastructure (preferably Veeam)
- In-depth use and understanding of Microsoft environments (O365 in including Group Policy, Windows 10, Office, Teams, SharePoint, etc.).
- Supporting and maintaining an enterprise network, including Firewalls, Routers, APs etc.
- Understanding of TCP/IP Networking LAN/WAN (DNS, DHCP, RAS, VPN)
- Experience of PowerShell/automation would be preferable, but not essential
- An industry relevant certification such as an IT degree, MCP, MCSA, MCSE. ITIL, VCP or similar is advantageous
Send your CV now for immediate consideration!