System Administrator required for a fantastic tech firm based in Rotherham. You will have a passion for technology and be an accomplished all-rounder. You will be someone who will take pride in offering a high quality of systems support to the business and to act as a point of contact for the resolution of a range of issues. If you're ambitious and looking for a great opportunity to develop your career, this firm can support your growth within a fast paced environment.
- Assist users by answering technical queries
- Working knowledge of various Window O/S's - Server2008, 2008R2, 2012R2, Windows 7 and 10.
- SQL installation, configuration and maintenance including backups
- Domain management tools - Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS etc
- User, Resource and Group Administration via Active Directory and Office365 Admin portal
- Mobile device management via Office 365 portal
- Virtual Machine management via VMWare ESXi, MS Hyper-V and vCloud Director including creation and ongoing maintenance.
- Monitor and run start-of-day/intraday checks to maintain system stability
- Report issues to software providers and participate in root cause investigations for known problems and incidents
- Ensure queries are raised, tracked and closed in the Support toolset within SLAs
- Identify and run Service Improvement Initiatives
- Work with other departments as necessary, in order to achieve targets and company objectives in line with the business Vision
What we're looking for
With a passion for current technology, you will be technically capable of supporting Microsoft Operating Systems and office applications, as well as SQL based databases. In addition to having strong problem solving and organisational skills, experience in a technical system support role is essential, while a degree or A-Level qualification in Computer Science is desirable! CVs are being reviewed ASAP!