Lead Infrastructure Engineer/Windows Leicester £45-55k
My client based in Leicester has an immediate requirement to recruit a Lead Infrastructure Engineer who is able to provide first class technical support to their expanding client base and manage their day to day IT Service Delivery.
The successful candidate will have at least 5 years experience providing technical support in a fast-paced environment with a friendly and proactive approach to their work.
They are looking for someone with a mix of technical and administrative skills to include,
- Hands on 3rd line support in a Windows Environment
- Provide leadership to the current technical team of 7 engineers
- Support the specification and implementation of new systems and services including new applications, new/upgraded hardware and software, system upgrades and rollouts
- Incident management and resolution
- To remain current with technologies and offer high quality guidance and advice resolution
The requirements for this role include,
- Strong knowledge of Windows O/S, Active Directory, Group Policies
- Ability to configure, deploy and support Windows Servers
- Exchange 2013 / Office 365 Implementation, Configuration and Administration
- Network Topology, VPN, Firewalls, IP (incl. DHCP, DNS), LAN, WLAN and WAN
- SAN architecture/NetApp
- Cloud Technologies
- Strong knowledge of VMWare, ideally VCP certified but course will be provided for the right candidate
- Experience managing and motivating an established technical team
- Exceptional communication skills able to interact confidently with technical and non-technical users
- Customer focused, with experience of providing advice and guidance over the telephone, e-mail and Internet with a proven track record of service delivery
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated team player with the ability of working within a demanding environment and be able to demonstrate a logical approach to problem solving
- Patience and ability to remain calm under pressure, whilst showing initiative at all times and an ability to apply a lateral thought process to problem
The role offers a professional, vibrant and social workplace operating in a dynamic and fast-paced sector. For an ambitious, tenacious, confident, self-motivated team player with a genuine desire to work with cutting edge technologies this is an excellent opportunity to work with senior staff in making a real difference to this already high-achieving organisation.