Technical IT Sales Manager - Wakefield - £30k+
Greywood Associates are proud to be working with a market leading client based in Wakefield who has an immediate requirement to recruit a Technical IT Sales Manager to join their team.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Sales Professional who is looking a new challenge and looking to work in a fast paced environment with aspirations of breaking into new markets for the organisation. My client offers a structured training path and support throughout.
This role will be mostly office based but there will be occasional travel to client sites throughout the UK, and potentially further afield, so a driving license is essential!
- Advise customers of the type of Server, Networking and Storage Equipment required to meet their individual needs
- Managing a small pot of customer accounts
- Work with major end users to develop server and networking solutions
- Raise the higher end server quotes for the team
- Providing pre-sales technical advice to team and customers
- Raise any special bid requests with the vendors
- Speak to vendors/suppliers regarding new product lines
- Manage the building and configuration of servers, SAN, Work stations, etc.
- Convert incoming sales enquiries
- Identify new opportunities
Technical Knowledge Required
- Detailed understanding of the different types of components for servers and storage devices.
- Detailed knowledge of networking hardware particularly HPE, Dell, Fujitsu & Lenovo.
- Ability to assemble and configure servers and desk tops.
- Understand different raid technologies and their appropriate application.
- Have a detailed understanding of virtualisation and virtualisation technologies.
- Ability to diagnose / fault find configuration issues on equipment.
- Virtualisation products (Hyper-V / V-Sphere & Veeam)
- Detailed understanding of storage devices (SAN, NAS, DAS)
- PCs & laptops
- Good working knowledge of HPE, Fujitsu, Dell & Lenovo products
- Good understanding of Microsoft licensing
- Back up technologies and Software
- Wi-Fi networking
- Willingness to carry out additional training and certification
If you a great team player who gets on well with others and are looking for a move which will enhance your career in a fantastic working environment, then don't miss out as interviews are commencing immediately. Send us your CV now